CBD vaping is the new viral trend among people of all ages. The reasons are numerous, and the popularity of CBD alone and vaping alone couldn’t but result in the boom of the CBD vaping market. Since 2018, the moment when CBD got legalized across the USA with the Farm Bill, millions of users have finally obtained an opportunity to enjoy a safe, herbal, and non-addictive remedy for their pain, anxiety, and other health issues. At the same time, vaping was paving its path to consumers’ hearts, offering a discreet, safe, and endlessly enjoyable way to smoke without a lighter, matches, cig-ends, and unpleasant flavor.
Thus, the present-day figure of CBD vaping consumers is rising steadily, with new adoptees of the vaping cult coming to try CBD vaping. Many opt for the no-brainer disposable vaping devices that cost little and can be easily thrown in a trash bin after the e-liquid ends. However, this option is not eco-friendly, as the devices’ batteries get to the environment and pollute the nearby land and water. Besides, those who vape CBD regularly find disposable vaping pens expensive. A much better option is to acquire a refillable CBD cartridge that can serve you for months, if not years.
Like any other electronic device, a CBD cartridge requires proper storage and maintenance conditions to work well. So, here is a definitive guide to help you ensure that your CBD wax cartridge serves you for many years without expensive replacement. Follow these usage, storage, and maintenance tips to prolong the life of your CBD cartridge and enjoy a stably positive user experience.
How to Use CBD Cartridges Properly?
Though a CBD vaping device looks like a no-brainer in use, some tips can help you get the most out of the vaping experience and keep your vaping equipment in an ideal condition.
- Charge your battery regularly. Experts say that vaping carts operate the best when they’re fully charged. This way, you will enjoy smooth, dense smoke and maximum CBD liquid heating to receive the proper dosage of CBD per puff. However, as soon as your battery goes down, it can’t heat the liquid to the needed temperature to release the healing properties of CBD. As a result, you may feel weaker or no effects at all.
- Pick the right voltage. Modern devices have an adjustable voltage that a user can choose themselves to tailor the vaping procedure to their experience level and desired CBD potency. Thus, you should always check the voltage settings on your device to avoid overdosing or underdosing. Besides, remember that heating CBD liquid at a lower voltage will provide you with a richer flavor with less smoke, and a higher voltage will deliver greater hits and maximum smoke clouds. Yet, the higher the voltage, the more you risk burning the concentrate and receiving nothing but bitter, useless smoke instead of pain or stress relief.
- Make tight contact connections. A positive user experience is guaranteed only when you connect the vape cart to the battery correctly. It’s vital to avoid over-tightening the device’s contact points, which restricts airflow and causes the vaping pen to work worse than it can.
- Take gentle draws. It’s typical for users to take deep, intense draws when they want quick relief. However, from the physics viewpoint, this practice is counter-productive and can cause the CBD e-liquid’s overheating. In this case, the e-liquid can spill over to the neighboring elements and cause clogging, which is the last thing you want for your vaping device. Thus, our tip is to take gentle, easy draws and heat the e-liquid gradually.
- Use top-quality devices. Needless to say (but we’ll still remind you of that), you’ll benefit immensely by choosing a top-quality device made of durable, safe materials like glass, wood, or high-quality plastic. These devices will serve you much longer, cause you fewer troubles, and deliver a more aesthetically pleasing user experience.
Safe Storage Recommendations
Now, let’s proceed to storage. You don’t use the CBD cartridge all the time, right? So, you should find the right place, temperature, and position to keep your cartridge operational.
Experts recommend placing your vape carts upright when you plan to keep them in one place for some time. This variant is much better than putting a cartridge on a horizontal surface; in this case, you can experience the cart’s back-up or have some e-liquid leaking from it.
Another tip is to store cartridges at room temperature. This means you shouldn’t expose the cart to extremely hot or cold temperatures; don’t place it in a fridge or leave it in the car during the summer. Once the cart is exposed to high or low temperatures, its electronics may stop working, and your device becomes fully dysfunctional. What’s more, it may become dangerous to use, as the contacts or battery may be permanently damaged.
If you don’t plan to use the cartridge for a long time, it’s much better to separate the container from the battery. This way, you will ensure no leaks occur, and the contacts and battery will remain intact for further work. We recommend keeping the silicone covers for the mouthpiece and the contacts after you purchase the device and start using it. They will be of value when you plan prolonged storage, protecting these parts of the cartridge from dust.
The final storage tip is to protect the cart from direct sunlight. This measure is vital for the e-liquid’s quality preservation, as most cannabinoids are light-sensitive. Therefore, the healing properties of your CBD liquid disappear once your cart stays in the sunlight long enough.
Proper CBD Cartridge Maintenance
The main maintenance rule is to clean all components of your vaping cart regularly. You should clean all parts once you decide to try new CBD e-liquid or plan to store the device without using it for some time. Whatever the case, please follow this algorithm for efficient device maintenance:
- Separate all parts of the vaping cart; remove all CBD e-liquid from the tank.
- Place some isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab and remove all remnants of CBD vaping juice from the device’s parts.
- Repeat the procedure if you see more spots; it’s essential to ensure that contact points are clean on both sides (the battery and the tank).
- Wait 10-15 minutes for the remnants of alcohol to evaporate.
- Connect all parts again and fill the tank for further use.
As you can see, using a CBD vaping cart is not rocket science. It simply needs a bit of care and caution to remain a safe practice with predictable results. Take proper care of your vaping equipment, and it will please you with thick, flavorful smoke for a long time without extra investment in hardware replacement.
The author of this article is Tia Moskalenko, an expert in CBD vaping and a passionate advocate of CBD use among consumers with various health issues. Tia contributes informative blogs to the AskGrowers resource to keep interested readers updated about safe and effective CBD use recommendations.