San Diego Divorce Attorney Serving Business Owners
At the Law Office of Renkin & Associates, we cater to business owners and other high-net-worth individuals who are looking for experienced representation to secure their assets during their divorce. Unlike other law firms, we don’t just take on any client who comes our way. We choose to represent business owners – savvy individuals who often have the most to protect and the most to lose if they do not have an experienced advocate fighting for them in negotiations and in court.
If you own a business and are considering filing for divorce in San Diego County, or if your spouse has filed or may be planning to file, we can help you protect your business and other assets. Contact us today to schedule a confidential consultation with Richard Renkin.
Divorce Services for San Diego Business Owners
If you and your spouse may be going separate ways, you are right to be concerned about how your divorce will affect your business. California’s divorce laws are complex, and one of the areas that is most affected by these complexities is the ownership and management of privately-owned businesses. While your spouse may claim that he or she is entitled to partial ownership or control, the truth is that there are numerous factors – and steps you can take – that will impact the distribution of assets in your divorce.
When we represent business owners going through a divorce, we focus on ensuring that our clients can retain maximum ownership and control of their companies. We have extensive experience representing business owners, and we know the arguments that can be successful in protecting business owners’ rights.
Learn more in these articles written by San Diego divorce attorney Richard Renkin:
- Need to Know – Business Ownership & Divorce
- Is My Wife Entitled to Half of My Business if We Divorce?
- Determining the Division of Business Assets in a Divorce
- California Divorce and Business Ownership FAQs
- Domestic Partnership Divorce & Business Ownership
For additional steps you can take to protect yourself, read How to Divorce-Proof Your Company.
Why Choose a Certified Family Law Specialist?
With nearly 30 years of legal experience, Richard Renkin has been a Certified Family Law Specialist since 2006. This means that he has not only met the requirements for certification, but that he has continuously met the extensive practice-based certification requirements for more than a decade.
Why choose a Certified Family Law Specialist? Because certification demonstrates both (i) extensive family law experience, and (ii) a steadfast commitment to helping clients successfully navigate their divorces.
Why Choose the Law Office of Renkin & Associates?
There are several law firms that handle divorces in San Diego. So, why choose us?
- Experienced Divorce Attorney – Richard Renkin has nearly 30 years of legal experience, and he has been handling divorces in San Diego County since 1991.
- Commitment to Divorce Representation – Unlike other firms, we focus exclusively on representing clients in divorces and family law matters.
- Focus on Representing Business Owners – We focus on representing business owners and other high-net-worth individuals. We know what you care about, and we know how to help you protect what matters most.
What Do Clients Say About Attorney Renkin?
Here is what some of our clients have had to say about attorney Richard Renkin:
- “We developed a strategy and Richard handled my case professionally to a successful conclusion. Everything was up-front and there were no hidden fees or other surprises in the process.”
- “I highly recommend Mr. Richard Renkin . . . the final outcome was better than the [other] family lawyers that I had interviewed [suggested].”
- “Richard was available, spoke plain language and clearly explained all of my options. The result of his work was exactly what I desired.”
Contact Us to Schedule a Confidential Consultation
If you own a business and are preparing for a divorce in San Diego County, contact the Law Office of Renkin & Associates today to schedule your initial consultation. You will work with Richard directly throughout your divorce. To get started, we invite you to call 619-299-7100 or contact us online now.
Photo via flickr by Dmitry