Scholarship for Leukemia Lymphoma Survivors
Each September, Blood Cancer Awareness Month is observed in order to increase knowledge about blood cancers and to raise awareness about research to find new treatments and cures. The Law Office of Renkin & Associates is pleased to announce the creation of a scholarship for a current or incoming law student who has been affected by these diseases to further the research efforts.
Richard M. Renkin supports many local and national service and charitable organizations. This scholarship was established to provide financial support to a law student whose life has been impacted by lymphoma or leukemia and is seeking to continue his or her education through law school. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who submits the required application and essay by the deadline.
Eligibility for Law School Scholarship:
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current or incoming law student at an accredited U.S. law school who has been affected by or dealing with issues related to lymphoma or leukemia (either yourself or a family member).
- Be at least 18 years old and a U.S. citizen.
- Be able to show proof of academic achievement with a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 from undergraduate or current law school work.
Applicants must submit the following by July 31st:
- Essay and application (download online by clicking this link).
- Official copy of undergraduate and/or law school transcripts with GPA of at least 3.0.
Applicants must abide by the following contest rules:
- Winners will provide personal information as needed to the Law Office of Renkin & Associates where appropriate.
- Any taxes on scholarship are the sole responsibility of the contestant. Recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
- By accepting a scholarship, the applicant will agree to allow the Law Office of Renkin & Associates to use his or her name, law school, and photograph to announce the scholarship award.
- Scholarship is to be used exclusively for law school tuition and/or books.
Notification of award and payment will be as follows:
- Award recipient will be notified of the selection on or around September 1.
- A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s law school to cover tuition and/or books.
Completed application and materials may be mailed or e-mailed in PDF format to:
Law Office of Renkin & Associates
320 Encinitas Blvd
Encinitas, CA 92024
E-mail: [email protected]
All application materials must be received by the July 31st deadline in order to be considered for the scholarship.
This scholarship is intended to assist a current or future law student who has been affected by leukemia, lymphoma, and other blood diseases by helping to defray the cost of law school expenses. By creating the scholarship, Richard Renkin hopes to support a promising law student while raising awareness leukemia research. Find more of Attorney Renkin’s story here: Law School Scholarship to Promote Blood Cancer Awareness Press Release.
2021 Scholarship Award Winners
We’d like to congratulate the recipients of the 2021 Scholarship for Leukemia Lymphoma Survivors: Matthew M. Zancewicz from Northeastern University School of Law, Meagan E. Murray from University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School, John William ‘Jack’ Sheridan from Baylor Law and Thomas E. Kiesel from Rutgers Law School.
2020 Scholarship Award Winners
We’d like to congratulate the recipients of the 2020 Scholarship for Leukemia Lymphoma Survivors: Maryfer Galindo from Berwyn, Illinois and Marisa Hedgpeth from San Francisco, California, both of whom survived aggressive forms of cancer and are determined to pursue a career in law. Please find additional details in our Press Releases:
2019 Scholarship Award Winners
We’d like to congratulate the recipients of the 2019 Scholarship for Leukemia Lymphoma Survivors: Charles Terranva from SUNY Fredonia/University of Buffalo School of Law and Collin Mantz from Pepperdine University/Baylor School of Law. Please find additional details in our Press Releases:
2017 Scholarship Award Winner
We’d like to congratulate the recipient of the 2017 Scholarship for Leukemia Lymphoma Survivors: Mary from Penn State University. Please find additional details in our Press Release.
2016 Scholarship Award Winner
We’d like to congratulate the recipient of the 2016 Scholarship for Leukemia Lymphoma Survivors: Christina Carone. Please find additional details in our Press Release.
2015 Scholarship Award Winner
2015 Scholarship for Leukemia Lymphoma Survivors awarded to a student at Texas A&M University School of Law. Please find additional details in our Press Release.